Sunday 1 April 2012

Liquid Creamer

I needed a non dairy liquid creamer for an ice cream i was making. I didn't really want to but any as i had some oat milk that needed using up so i made my creamer so i could make my ice cream!

I was making vanilla from the vegan scoop by Wheeler del Toro. Iv used the sugar quantities that are set in the book so i didn't add anymore sugar after that. I also used 2 cups of milk as the book states 2 cups of creamer. I changed the vanilla essence to vanilla pods and just blended it with the creamer because i like to see the vanilla bits in my ice cream.

Liquid Creamer

2 cups of milk (soya, rice, oat, nut whichever you prefer)
3/4 cup sugar
2 vanilla pods chopped
1/4 tsp Xantham gum


1. Chop the vanilla pods in half and in half again.

2. Combine the milk, sugar and vanilla pods in a blender and blend until smooth.

3. Add the xantham gum and blend till a little thicker. 

4. Place in a jar or container and keep in the fridge use within one week.

No comments:

Post a Comment